Sunday, February 22, 2015

dr.tatianas food tradtion

My Family

 Now many families have ancestors that have traditions and some families don't depending on religion, culture, or nationalities. My family nationality has a mix of Puerto Rican which is from my mothers side of the family and African American which is from my fathers side of the family. We both don't have any traditions, we just celebrate the same things as many other families such as thanksgiving , Christmas , easter and etc. Even though, we are both different we come together and eat as a family. What we like to eat together is fried chicken, macaroni and cheese, fish, potato salad and many more. Both my mothers side and fathers side combine foods they like to eat from Puerto Rico and from here.

Mislead Americans

Many people mislead Americans and say how weak we are in our food tradition or that we don't have a strong food tradition system at all but, I disagree with those people. I chose to disagree with those people because it really is up to our ancestors and what they had decided to do in the past for us to continue here in the future. Depending on the religion and culture that might effect whether or not they have a tradition or not. I say that we do have a strong food tradition system because of the variety in America today. We have so many people that have different nationalities and cultures that many people do have food traditions they follow and do on a regular basics then we may think. Now I do understand why some people may disagree with me and say we don't have a strong food tradition in America. I can understand why some people would say that because we do have some say so on if we choose to follow those traditions and do it on a regular basics. And we do have a say so on whether we want to start any right now for there children to pass on. So this argument can go both ways.

Check this out

http://www.slideshare.net/B4FN/traditional-food-systems

http://meetville.com/quotes/tag/food/page47


 

No comments:

Post a Comment