Tuesday, February 24, 2015

Melany Guerrero

       801

                                   FOOD TRADITIONS

 My family is Dominican and we have many food traditions such as eating sancocho, asopao, and mangu. In my family we sit down and eat together as a family, whether is during breakfast, lunch, or dinner. My family has strong food traditions since being able to eat traditional foods as a whole family is very important to us. Now i honestly eat less traditional foods and barely sit down with my family to eat together and have a good time during either breakfast, lunch, or dinner. Now i'll usually eat a hamburger and fries at mcdonald's  and quickly move on and go on with my life. I 100% believe that modern Americans don't have strong food traditions and there many reasons why. modern American families don't have such strong food traditions since they find it easier to eat a burger with fries than to go home and cook for the whole family. I understand that even though people eat a lot of fast food their many that think were still going by our traditions when it comes to food however people just don't want to go home after work and start cooking when they can just with five dollars maybe less buy a full meal at mcdonald's. 


                                                           

No comments:

Post a Comment