Tuesday, February 17, 2015

Dr Manyamu: My Food Tradition

My family comes from Gambia a small country located in the Africa. Most of their food are mad from hand, no help from machines like in America. Most of the dishes are made with fish, meat, chicken, and rice. The food there is grown on farms. If you happen to live in the city you will get your food from the market. Even though the British had control Gambia for many years they haven't really influence their food as much especially in country side. 





Today: I eat variety of junk food but not many of  the tradition food. which is weird knowing that my parents, sibling, uncles, aunt, and cousin that what they eat. I used to eat so many type of those kind of food when I was little; for some reason I barley do anymore. I eat base on my surroundings, the day, and my mood. That consists of cheeseburgers , fries, pizza, etc. I barley eat meat and I don't like any type of seafood at all. so I guess you can say I'm a picky person.   



Have Modern Americans lost their food Traditions?
I don't believe all American have lost their food tradition. It a matter of time. we are always busy doing something when we have time to eat we just eat something that is easy to make or buy. we probably don't eat much of tradition food but if you think about we do. when we go to parties and have to bring food it more of traditional food. when we have reunion we all bring the food our parents thought us when we were little.


 American are not hopeless. we have become too comfortable with the food we can get from fast food or food that easy to prepare in minutes. If we are able to make fast food more healthy than it would be okay to always eat out. Or take visit to your local food market. we just have to find the joy in making food and being grateful  what we have because their people around the world who are starving or don't know when their next food will come from.

3 comments:

  1. Great visuals--I loved being able to see the food from Gambia!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think that you put lots of information in your blog nice.

    ReplyDelete